We are dedicated to promoting STANDARDS AND excellence in the field of Regenerative Medicine.
The American Society of Regenerative Medicine (ASRM) and the American Board of Regenerative Medicine (ABRM) are the leaders in setting standards and promoting excellence in the field of Regenerative Medicine, related education, certification, research and publications.
The ASBRM is a multidisciplinary community of physicians and scientists with a mission to advance the science, technology and practice of Regenerative Medicine to treat disease and lessen human suffering. ASRM advances the specialty of Regenerative Medicine and serves its members. The ABRM provides certifications and standards in the practice of Regenerative Medicine as a medical specialty. ASRM and ABRM are a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporations, as well as a 509(a)(2) public charity.
- to create formal academic training programs in Regenerative Medicine at academic institutions
- to assist in the development and funding of scientific research and publication related to the specialty of Regenerative Medicine
- to act as the central resource in Regenerative Medicine to establish accepted treatment protocols
- to assist in the advocacy of Regenerative Medicine for its members as well as the public
- to provide formal medical education and training to its members in the field of Regenerative Medicine
- to set a standard for the credentialing in Regenerative Medicine through examinations and certifications
- to be a central resource to practitioners and the public about the science and practice of Regenerative Medicine
Integrity: evidenced by promoting ethical values in the practice of Regenerative Medicine and providing guidelines for the practice of evidence based Medicine.
Interdisciplinary: through fostering of respect for the views and experiences of practitioners of a broad range of medical specialties.
Innovative: demonstrated by creating an environment conducive to creative thinking with the goals of finding new answers and solutions to advance the science and practice of Regenerative Medicine.
V. Code of Ethics
The ASRM code of ethics sets forth principles of moral and ethical conduct as it relates to the practice of Regenerative Medicine. ASRM members pledge themselves to these practices:
1. Respect the privacy and dignity of all patients.
2. Uphold the honor, standards, and principles of the medical profession.
3. Seek to continuously improve and advance their knowledge and skills to the benefit of their patients and the community.
4. A physician is never justified in abandoning a patient.
5. A physician shall never advertise or promote their services in a misleading manner, placing financial gain ahead of what is accepted practice in Regenerative Medicine.
6. A physician must respect all local, state, and federal law with regard to the practice of medicine as well as the law in general.
7. When participating in research, a physician shall always abide by the highest moral and ethical standards.